Akasha Project partners with a range of organizations to empower underserved communities through the practice of yoga and meditation.
Akasha Project’s primary goal is to foster physical, mental and emotional well-being through the practice of yoga. By sharing the benefits of a regular practice with individuals who would not ordinarily have access, we work to expand the reach of yoga and inspire our participants to realize their own unique strength, beauty and goodness.
The benefits of yoga include:
- Increased strength, flexibility, balance and muscle tone
- Improved cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal and immune function
- Elevated mood and awareness
- Reduced stress, anxiety, depression and hostility
- Improved concentration, focus and memory
- Heightened self-acceptance and self-actualization